Thank you to all the residents that took time to attend the Coultice Park meeting Wednesday night.
Thank you to all the residents that took the time to attend the Coultice Park meeting Wednesday night. There was a great turnout with residents from all areas of the Lake in attendance.
Here is a meeting brief
The town will be uploading the 3 designs, photos + info on their website within a couple of days and we will be posting them on the MLRA website.
Coultice Park - 5 1/4 acres
Architectural Company – Landscape Planning Ltd
Rob Raycroft – Director Leisure Services
Maurice Smith – Ward 2 Councillor
- 3 conceptual designs submitted – include playground equipment, splash pad and fitness trails
- Local residents have opportunity to vote, provide input and questions regarding designs, concerns, and make suggestions.
- Comment form was provided to submit back to town staff, as well as Rob’s email contact to submit afterwards
- Park Budget = $1.3MM (splash pad costs @ $225,000 – estimated)
- Resident Input Meeting = Wed July 15, 2015
- Deadline for Resident Input/Feedback = Wed July 29, 2015
- Award Request for Proposal + Preliminary cost estimate to Town Council for 2016 Budget – end September 2015
- Town Council to approve full project budget = early 2016 (January TBD)
- Park Construction Contractor selection = April 2016
- Construction Begins = May 2016 (weather pending + site conditions)
- Completion = October 2016
Unique to Coultice Park – given site location
- Recirculation – Splash Pad (recycled water via holding tank)
- Parking Lot within park area
- Very positive and excited park is almost here.
- Suggestions – add washroom/change room to park, given unique location
- Increased traffic, congestion, access + safety along Ninth Line
- Vandalism – town monitoring of park, illegal fishing, adjacent property owners
Director of Leisure + community Services
905-640-1910 X 2290